How can I apply for a workshop?
In the registration form select the workshop of your choice and submit your personal information together with brief information about you and your motivation until 8th of September. On 10th of September you will get the notice of acceptance.
Do I have to register?
No. But if you do register until 8th of September you will benefit from free lunch and coffee breaks on the day of the conference and guest accounts for WLAN access for all three days. For participants registered after the 8th we are not able to offer this.
How can I connect to internet during the conference/workshop?
I want to offer an accommodation and get in for free!
If you offer housing in Bolzano you can participate for free. Please let Hannelore.Schwabl1@unibz.it know how many people you can host (from Thursday to Sunday).
Where can I sleep during the conference/workshops?
If you need accommodation you can get hosted by participants from Bolzano. Please write a request to Hannelore.Schwabl1@unibz.it
Inexpensive accommodation can be found at the Youth Hostel.
Hotel Capello di Ferro offers special prices for participants (42 Euro for a single room without break first).
Here you can download the list of Hotels offering discounts to guests of the Free University of Bolzano (PDF)
I don’t have a credit card, how can I pay the conference/workshop?
If you are interested in attending our hands-on conferences and workshops, but you don’t have a credit card, here are some alternatives:
1. Get a disposable virtual credit card. A virtual credit card can be created in just 5 minutes within your bank website (almost every bank offer this service). Access your personal account in your bank’s website private section with the credentials given to you by your bank. Find the menu item “create virtual card” and follow the instructions. You will be able to create a virtual credit card, charge it with the amount of money you desire, and define the lapse of time the card should be active. You will eventually get the codes of the disposable virtual credit card and therefore be able to purchase the tickets on DoD website.
2. Get a prepaid card of the mastercard circuit. Prepaid cards are easy to use and secure. You can charge them in several different ways. Prepaid cards are usually operating with the mastercard circuit, so you can use them everytime you see the Mastercard logo. Here are just some prepaid cards that operates with mastercard circuit:
– Superflash (Intesa-San Paolo banks)
– Genius Card (prepaid) and Genius Card Web (prepaid and virtual) (Unicredit)
– Smart Pass (Vodafone)
How to get to the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
The main access to the University is at Nr. 1, Universitätsplatz / piazza Università, which is a short walk from the Walther-von-der-Vogelweide square / piazza Walther, the town center’s square.(A)Bolzano Train Station (B)Free University of Bozen-Bolzano.
How to get to Bozen-Bolzano
Airports within easy reach of Bolzano are:
– Venice Airport (VCE, Italy) [178 km from Bozen; it can be reached by train; approx. 3 hours]
– Verona Airport (VRN, Italy) [145 km from Bozen; it can be reached by train; approx. 2 hours]
– Innsbruck Airport (INN, Austria) [100 km from Bolzano; it can be reached by train; approx. 1,5 hours]
IC or EC trains to Bozen-Bolzano are operated by Trenitalia, ÖBB, DB.
Note: Every day an EC train operated by Deutsche Bahn leaves from Venice to Bolzano at 1:34 pm, with stops in Venice-Mestre, Padua, Verona, Rovereto and Trento. Ticket for this train can be easily bought on board!
– Via the motorway Stuttgart › Munich › Rosenheim › Innsbruck (A 22 Brennero Brenner motorway › Bolzano/Bozen).
– Via the motorway Verona › Rovereto › Trento › Innsbruck (A 22 Brennero Brenner motorway › Bolzano/Bozen).